Old 29-04-2007, 04:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
torent torent is offline

Default garden/ farm terms

Gary wrote:
I just started my first garden Corn, onions , beans .What do the terms lay
off , onion set as opposed to seed I s there a slag book of
terms I could read Thanks.

Lay off means to lay out the rows.
Onion sets are already started plants or small onions as opposed to seeds.
As far as a book I would like to know myself.
I do remember the Farmers Almanac was kept forever. There wasn't a whole
lot around to read except it and the Sears & Roebuck Catalog and the
rare Newspaper, when they made it to town. I wished we had kept a few of
them.