Old 30-04-2007, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default Roses from Store - Rooting for Newbie!

"HyperCube33 (Life2Death)" wrote in
message ...
I'm a total newbie and I've read that you can dip cut stems from a
rose and root them in a plastic cup with plastic over the top for a
month or two, and you'll end up with roots on the bottom, and its
time to plant your new roses! Any more information I'd love. I just
got Schultz TakeRoot, plastic cups, plastic bags, plastic wrap, and
soil. And a rose obviously.

See articles at the American Rose Society
website on how to propagate roses.
www.ars.org

You're not going to be able to do what you
want with roses from the store. They're
grown under very special conditions, not
typical garden conditions. Not all garden
roses are that easy to propagate, and in
fact it's illegal to grow "new" roses from
roses that are still under patent.

Your best bet is to find a friend or
neighbor who has a rose you like, and
ask for a cutting - after you've read up
on how to do it.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8