Old 28-03-2003, 08:21 PM
linda mar

Default water cleared up.. but more green fluff.. what does this mean?

I guess I should add "short arms" in addition to vertically challenged.
[grin] even when on step stool, i can *barely* reach the gravel surface,
and the surface is about 2" thick from the bottom of the tank. lowering
water level helps in that I don't have to be wearing tanktops to avoid
getting wet clothes (huh.. I wonder if term "tank top" has any
correlation!).

Most of time time I am trimming plants by feel, and "blind" since I can't
watch and reach into the tank at the same time. looking through the water
from above gives too much distortion, and I've smacked my nose/face onto the
tank rim when I try to look while reaching the bottom. I can't reach down
while looking from the side (thank goodness for those landscaping kit
scissors!)..

:-P

linda

"LeighMo" wrote in message
given the tank depth, it will be a pretty large job for me... (22" deep..
I'm rather vertically challenged, so...) sigh. next time :-)

Lower the water level and stand on a stool or stepladder. I'm vertically
challenged, too, and there are some plants I can only reach during my

weekly
water changes, when I remove 30% of the water from the tank.

Leigh