Old 30-04-2007, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Extending fence posts upwards

In article , Block
wrote:

I want to extend my garden fence upwards (for privacy), its currently about
4 to 5 foot high, concrete posts
with wooden panels. Is this possible or do i have to have the longer 6 foot
posts put in.

There are extender systems for timber posts but it's not easy with
concrete unless you can find a metal sleeve which fits neatly over the
top, like

http://www.corusconstruction.com/en/...building_produ
cts/catnic/products/quikpost/qwikpost_universal_post_extender

Standard trees are another option and if you don't mind spending a few
bob you could buy a few mature ones of the right height - ie so that
the foliage extends neatly above the fence - and plant them next to it.
They shouldn't ever grow much taller.