Old 30-04-2007, 09:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Fish ailment?

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:52:29 CST, RG wrote:

We've got a 400 gallon pond with some goldfish and koi in it; it's
been going for about 3 years.

This afternoon we noticed some of our goldfish had a number of small
white bumps on their gills, as if they had white sand sprinkled
there.

Is this a disease I should do something about, or is it a new fish
fashion?

--RG, San Francisco

If the bumps are only on the gill plates and front ray of the pectoral
fins, the goldfish are boys. :-) If the bumps are elsewhere, you could
have a case of ich. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us