Old 30-04-2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Shubunkins

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:11:47 CST, wrote:

Is there any place that sells long-tailed Shubunkin goldfish on the web?
I just need a couple, but their so darn expensive at the fish store.

There are many on the web. I found one, about 100 miles away, several
years ago and ordered a box with 35 shubunkin and 5 butterfly koi.
(The box shipped was around $125.) They arrived in good shape and
the shubunkin were a rainbow of colors, very few blue. (I was under
the impression there would be more blue fish.) After a couple years
of culling the spawned fry I have two adult blue fish and have become
tired of the effort to have many blue shubunkin.

IMHO if you want blue fish with long fins, buy it only if you see it.
You only pay for them once, but if you aren't happy with them they
aren't worth the price. Also, fish carry genes from many generations
and because you have a blue fish doesn't necessarily mean that fish
will produce blue fish in it's spawn.

Regards,

Hal