Old 30-04-2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
DP DP is offline

Default Minitures for an apartment porch

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I have been trying to grow minintures for the past 10 years. If I
see something cute at the grocery store or Home Depot I pick it up,
take it home then it dies in about 9 months or so.

I am willing to spend a few bucks on something nice that will last
at least 18 months in a pot on my porch. As you can tell from my E-
mail address I am down here in Florida. My porch faces west. I get
about 3 hours of direct sunlight in the winter - 5 in the summer.
What would anyone recomend.

Thanks in advance to all.

Pam

From everything I have read about potted minis is that they will not get
enough sun unless you have a greenhouse or full sunroom. I have the same
problem with the ones I buy, and now I have the attitude that I will enjoy
them, and then replace them when they are on the way out. They really do
not cost much.

Dp