Old 20-02-2003, 02:27 AM
oldehippie

Default [IBC] Japanese White Pine Question

"I will also note that there is NO plant whose natural habitat is
inside a human-built structure."

Which makes lot of sense. I also saw the below post:

"Growing bonsai indoors is best left to those with lots of experience, not
those just starting out."

So I'm guessing even those sold as "indoor bonsai" are just barely able to
be kept alive for a rank amature?

About 20 years ago I decided I liked bonsai. Since I'm in S.E. Wisconsin I
thought an indoor bonsai would be better. To date I have not bought one
even though I've seen a number of them I liked.

Now I am disabled and more able to devote time to one, and more than willing
to read and learn, and happy I found this newsgroup too, is there any
suggestion as to which is heartier for indoors.
Where I live now I can't give any plant a south facing window, would a plant
light help or should I continue looking and learning?

Name is Bill, or Olde....thanks for any info.

Olde Hippie

--
to reply direct remove number from addy

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will"
"I prefer to perambulate to the tempo of a different percussionist"
"Stupidity is believing much, while understanding little"
....Charles A. Meyers