Old 01-05-2007, 02:40 AM posted to austin.gardening
Chuck[_2_] Chuck[_2_] is offline

Default Queen or Foxtail Palms

I am curious, too. All I ever see are fan palms.

"TargetPK" wrote in message
oups.com...
HAs any tried to grow queen or foxtail palms in Austin? I see they
are not recommended for this zone, but I was wondering if they can
make it here. I have seen some beautiful 45 gallon ones for sale, and
they seem reasonably priced. My worry is they will die in the
winter. The planting location would on the northwest side of a
house. Pretty close to the house on one side, and a cement wall on
the other. Thanks for the help!