Old 01-05-2007, 01:03 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

FarmI wrote:
"Chookie" wrote in message

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Chookie" wrote in message

I'm in the midst of a stoush on gun control atm.

I've just been off to read that thread. Some right turkeys in there!

Is that idiot whose sig is "nimue" really a teacher of English Lit?????
Having read what it has written, I'd say it was barely literate.

Well, she's previously said she is. And said in this thread that she'd
graduated summa cum laude, which is probably with a distinction average.
OTOH
on the internet, nobody knows if you're a dog...

:-))) I would have thought that it becomes obvious very quickly if one is a
dog.

I've had another look earlier tonight and nimue has made even more
outrageously ignoramus statements today. And someone else has chimed in
claiming that Oz has banned guns (wonder why I didn't hear about that???)
and our homicide figures are worse than ever! One year in the past 10 they
are higher and all the rest show a lower rate than before the buy back. It
could still be lower per 100K of population because of increase in
population but that fact has obviously escaped her. It's impossible to get
sensible thoughts from dopes like those 2.

Regarding guns, it would seem that other methods are now being used to
kill like machettes, swords knives and the most dangerous, jealous
girlfriends (only if youve got a few bob.) I reckon they should all be
banned. As well as this, misleading statistics are kiling more people
every day. They should all be banned, and anyone using them (see coming
elactions) should be made to listen to John Howards speeches for the
next 5 years or so.