Old 02-05-2007, 05:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Aggressive runners...

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:08:25 -0700, Persephone wrote:

...strrawberry, that is.

I have 3 varieties planted in maybe too-small area this year.

They are aggressively sending out runners.

In the past (another area) I used to cut off the runners
and plant the rooted end elsewhere.

Should I now:

a. throw away the runners?

b. plant them between rosebushes there is sufficient room)

c. enlarge the area (involves a LOT of work digging up & amending
horrible lawn).

d. plant them between veggies. In that case, which
ones to AVOID?

Tx for your thoughts.

Persephone

Please, folks- somebody decide for me what I should do with these
aggressive runners, before a tendril comes through the open window
while I'm asleep...g

P.