Old 28-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Robert Flory

Default L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords

"Robert" wrote in message
Group:
My L-200 "Green Phantom" Pleco is doing serious and unsightly damage to
virtually all my sword varieties except the Amazon (naturally the most
common one). I've tried fresh zucchini which worked for Plecos in the

past
but he's totally uninterested. Does anyone have more suggestions, besides
getting rid of him? We really like the fish but we love the plants.

Robert

It's trade in time. If he likes swords there isn't much else you can do
except buy the pleco it's own tank. It's like my trying to get my wife's
cat to stop bringing mice and crayfish into the living room. At least the
mice are dead and returning the crayfish to the creek is a short walk.

I traded my destructive pleco for some stripped rubber noses. My plants are
appreciative:-)

Bob