Old 02-05-2007, 06:12 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default String algae (blanket weed) losing its battle.

Our veggie filters are now reving up for the year. The water celery
has covered its 4 x 4 pond and covered over the duckweed. The water
hyacinth have both grown in size and produced daughter plants. The
blanket weed that was all over the surface of our two 4 x 8 berm ponds
is now fading away. This is the first time we have seen so clear an
example of vascular plants winning the battle.