Old 02-05-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default Shubunkins

"Ralph & His Clowder" wrote in message

Reel McKoi wrote:
I think you'd have more of a chance to keep a turtle from wandering if
you got a male and at least two females. The urge to find a mate may have
overcome your pet.

Or at least one of each -- though when I had just a pair of RES the female
got pretty darned tired of saying "Not today, I've got a headache." She
bit the male's front claws off when she got fed up.
Gabrielle

That's why I would have several females so the male can spread his love
around.... so to speak. :-)
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.