Old 03-05-2007, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Mike Dunsmore Mike Dunsmore is offline

Default Orchis Cactus - "Orchid Cactus - resize.JPG" 159.4 kBytes yEnc

I took this picture yesterday with my new camera. The person who gave me this plant said it is an 'Orchid Cactus' but I thought it was a succulent and have it growing in regular soil. It's bloomed over the years with these beautiful fragrant blossoms but
they only last a day or so. I've tried to look it up on the Internet but, I guess, it's only a generic name for a few plants, among these are mostly plants that grow in tree tops. I'm confused. It looks like a succulent to me but my research says it's an
orchid?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orchid Cactus - resize.JPG (159.5 KB, 983 views)