Old 03-05-2007, 05:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default Getting rid of horsetai?

The "resident weed" in my garden, in Forest Hall, Newcastle -on Tyne,
is horsetail. Every garden has a "resident weed" hasn't it?

Last year I systematically squirted every growth of horsetail with
weedkiller, and I reckon I got the horsetail down to 5% of what it had
been and last winter I dug the whole garden over and pulled out what I
could.

But of course, there is still some coming up this spring. Once again I
am squirting it with weedkiller.

Is there any more productive method of getting rid of it?

Michael Bell