Old 03-05-2007, 08:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Larry Apolonio Larry Apolonio is offline

Default Grass in roses

Hi All,

After about two years of neglect I have decided to clean up my front yard.

One of the problems I have is grass growing in two of my rose plants. I
don't know who to ask and I did google for "grass in roses" but I don't
think there is a common problem. Could be wrong though.

I did try and pull the grass by hand but it seems to really be in there.
I'm afraid it will kill the roses.

The gal at Home Depot who seemed really sincere in helping me said that
I may have to dig it out and remove the grass then. She says I will
have to deal with the shock to the roses.

My neighbor recalled that Ortho made something that could help, but I
did not find anything at home depot.

I can take a picture of the two plants to show what's happening. I
would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
Larry A