Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default April rain

Muddymike wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

A bit (v. scientific) last night, accompanied by thunder. Just enough to
freshen up the many lovely shades of green and lay the dust a little.
Nothing like enough to help the plants.

Virtually none here throughout April. The last precipitation of any note was
the last snow.

Not much here in Derbyshire either. Had *some* rain on the 23rd, but
only enough to dampen the earth a bit. Certainly not enough to make much
impression on the level in my rain barrel on the allotment, which is now
very low indeed.

Metcheck says we're due some rain next Monday and I think they might be
right - after all it *is* a Bank Holiday :-)

--
Carol
"The glassblower's cat is bompstable"