Old 01-05-2007, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default April rain

Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

Old 01-05-2007, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

1) Where are you, and can I have some
2) It's May (pedantic mode)

--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BoyPete" wrote in message
shazzbat wrote:
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

1) Where are you, and can I have some

Ferndown, and no.

2) It's May (pedantic mode)

I know. I can't tell you how much rain we had in April until it's May.
That's how it works.

Steve

Old 01-05-2007, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
shazzbat wrote:
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

1) Where are you, and can I have some

Ferndown, and no.

2) It's May (pedantic mode)

I know. I can't tell you how much rain we had in April until it's May.
That's how it works.

Steve

puts intelligent head on....................oh yeah
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

3mm a few nights ago :-(

Mary

Steve

Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

Whats rain?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

We've had zero, but my sister on the north-east coast (Teeside)
complained last week that it was raining yet again.

Regards
Old 01-05-2007, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/5/07 19:55, in article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

3mm a few nights ago :-(

A bit (v. scientific) last night, accompanied by thunder. Just enough to
freshen up the many lovely shades of green and lay the dust a little.
Nothing like enough to help the plants.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-05-2007, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 1/5/07 19:55, in article
,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

3mm a few nights ago :-(

A bit (v. scientific) last night, accompanied by thunder. Just enough to
freshen up the many lovely shades of green and lay the dust a little.
Nothing like enough to help the plants.

Virtually none here throughout April. The last precipitation of any note was
the last snow.

Mike

Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

A bit (v. scientific) last night, accompanied by thunder. Just enough to
freshen up the many lovely shades of green and lay the dust a little.
Nothing like enough to help the plants.

--
Sacha

We were lucky in Normandy. After many weeks of drought we had 5 mm Sunday
and 15mm yesterday. Just what the garden ordered. It has also filled the
rain water barrel and the underground storage water tank.

On the down side it means the lawns will start growing fast again.

--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk

Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 May, 19:05, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
We were lucky in Normandy. After many weeks of drought we had 5 mm Sunday
and 15mm yesterday. Just what the garden ordered. It has also filled the
rain water barrel and the underground storage water tank.
On the down side it means the lawns will start growing fast again.

Just think of all those apples you'll get this year as a result of so
little rain. The blossoms were terrific and such a profusion.

By now, last year I would have collected enough snails and slugs to
fill an entire bucket, if not two. This year, I can count them! But
I'm not complaining, you understand.

If you live in the North west UK get your brollies out on Saturday and
get the top off the waterbut. Looks like a nice downpour is coming.
I'd never imagine me wishing for rain as much as I do now ...

Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

A bit (v. scientific) last night, accompanied by thunder. Just enough to
freshen up the many lovely shades of green and lay the dust a little.
Nothing like enough to help the plants.

Virtually none here throughout April. The last precipitation of any note was
the last snow.

Not much here in Derbyshire either. Had *some* rain on the 23rd, but
only enough to dampen the earth a bit. Certainly not enough to make much
impression on the level in my rain barrel on the allotment, which is now
very low indeed.

Metcheck says we're due some rain next Monday and I think they might be
right - after all it *is* a Bank Holiday :-)

--
Carol
"The glassblower's cat is bompstable"

Old 03-05-2007, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 1, 7:15 pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
Rain in April? 2mm we had. Yes, two.

How about you?

Steve

Very little here at Norwich. Today is dull but no rain. The clay
soil is like concrete and it is almost impossible to work in without
soaking it first. Who would have though that we in England would wish
for rain!!!