Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Scared fish, string algae and thank you for moderating

On Wed, 2 May 2007 10:18:26 CST, chereena wrote:

My fish have been hiding and bottom-swimming. I have had what I
thought was an "ich" problem and have been treating the water for
three days. One of the adults had a white spot near his eye.

This morning I got up and my pond has been ravaged. There was a net
covering the deepest half which the two adults were very accustomed
to. I had just added 4 "babies" that were about 5" each. They were co-
habiting fine except the big ones didn't let the little ones eat. The
little ones have stayed around one pot and hid in a separate corner.

Anyway, this morning all pots over turned. The one plant that had
really taken hold has literally been sheared at the roots - almost
ripped out. I can only imagine whatever it was pulled it out trying
to get at the fish. I see the two adults but do not see the babies.
I am hoping they managed to hide under the debris.

I agree with raccoon. I had similar happen here. I put a Scarecrow Motion
sprinkler on both my ponds and that took care of the problem:

http://www.contech-inc.com/products/scarecrow/
Do google for best price.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State