Old 03-05-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
seveniron seveniron is offline

Default petrol lawnmower help please

"stevej" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

A friend has just kindly given me an old Mountfield petrol rotary
mower which has a Tecumseh engine. It isn't in good order and hasn't
been used or serviced for a while. First, I am just trying to assess
the cost and time investment to see if restoration to good working
order is possible and viable.

One issue I can't understand and I am hoping someone here can help, is
that on the underside of the float chamber bowl there is a 'pin'
coming down which has a spring around it. Does anyone know what this
is for ?,

Used to flood the carb to aid starting, pushes the float up.
Should be easy to correct. Nice mower.
--
Rog
http://www.rog.richieward.com

and how it can be serviced/adjusted ?. I ask because I have
a small fuel leak coming from this pin. Unless I can solve this the
machine isn't really any good.

Many thanks
Steve