Old 04-05-2007, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Hunt Roger Hunt is offline

Default petrol lawnmower help please

seveniron wrote
"stevej" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi

A friend has just kindly given me an old Mountfield petrol rotary
mower which has a Tecumseh engine. It isn't in good order and hasn't
been used or serviced for a while. First, I am just trying to assess
the cost and time investment to see if restoration to good working
order is possible and viable.

One issue I can't understand and I am hoping someone here can help, is
that on the underside of the float chamber bowl there is a 'pin'
coming down which has a spring around it. Does anyone know what this
is for ?,

Used to flood the carb to aid starting, pushes the float up.
Should be easy to correct. Nice mower.

.... and the small leak is the float needle not quite seating properly
when the float comes down again.
Probably just a speck of dirt.
--
Roger Hunt