Old 04-05-2007, 04:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Four O'Clocks

I have the "broken color" variety, and I never noticed the foliage, but I
admit to not paying attention. Last year I had about 6 different types -
white, yellow, magenta, and 3 or 4 multicolored. All seemed to have the same
medium green foliage. I have a packet of broken colors seeds on my desk -
can't wait to plant them

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I've started a bunch of Park's "Broken Color" variety and have
noticed that the foliage is different on some of them. Some are all
green and some have pinkish undersides to the leaves. Can I draw any
conclusions about the colors of the flowers based on these
differences?

Last year I only had one plant (from a solid variety). The foliage
was plain green and the flowers were pale yellow. This year I'm
interested in the multicolored flowers of the Broken Colors variety
but I've read here that many of the seeds produce solid colored
flowers.

Thanks.