Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Lawnmower; repair or replace?

Terryc wrote:
corridor 159 wrote:

Does it run on after you to stop it?

Err, that is a bit hard to tell as I usually park it with the spark plug
head in the horehound to kill it {:-). I had to disconnect the off
switch to get it to run.

I will leave you to imagine the consequences (something has go to
give). So do so at your own risk.

I have a steam loco, so I know what expanding water is capable of {:-)

A bloke I know here in Queensland said he sells re-built B&S motors
for about $450.

I've scored a couple of free lawnmowers, plus access to a box of parts,
so might leave that for a while.

One of my brothers swears by his old 2-stroke victors.

or at ? {:-)

He has changed the ring (singular) :-) himself, but mostly he just
threatens them with being taken to the tip. :-)

lol.

thanks for the lip tip.

Another tip. Most mowers at the repair shop are two strokes.
Dont threaten them, do it.
At the price of mowers in Melbourne at present you can afford to buy a
new 4 stroke at around $300 (from memory) and have plenty of time to
consider fixing it in the future.