Old 04-05-2007, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Rapeseed beetles?

Carol Hague wrote:
: I was chatting with one of the other allotment holders yesterday and
: he mentioned that he'd been told by someone else not to put his runner
: beans out until June because there are beetles which live on the
: rapeseed which will strip the young beans if they're out at the same
: time as the rapeseed crop.
:
: Anyone else ever heard of this?

Never heard that one, I understood that those beetles were attracted
predominantly to yellow flowers and didn't think they did much harm, they
don't here anyway