Old 04-05-2007, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Trying to identify plant

In message .com,

Dave
Poole writes
You might also consider Anthemis punctata ssp. cupaniana.

That one slipped my attention.

I was in the plant sales area of a garden yesterday, and they had both
Anthemis punctata ssp. cupaniana and Leucanthemum hosmariense (yet
another name for Rhodanthemum hosmariense) on sale; but I couldn't

tell
them apart. Perhaps they're more distinguishable at full size.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Very interesting. I would like to buy both and compare their
performances. What is the name of the garden center?

The plant I described above is in a woman's garden in my road. She
allowed me to take a few cuttings which I have potted up, but I would
like a plant or two for this year. None to be found in the Midlands
within a reasonable distance of Solihull. Hilliers had them, but are
sold out.

I am now going to have a look in RHS Plantfinder.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.