Old 04-05-2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Carrots are in the ground

On Thu, 3 May 2007 21:16:11 -0400, "Hud"
wrote:

It was a nice, sunny day here in zone 5 Ohio. I went out back and raked the
soil in the garden and planted three 7' rows of carrots. The seed packet
says plants will appear in 7 to 14 days. Pretty exciting. I can't wait to
see the sprouts. Someone here recommended Lois Hole's "Vegetable
Favorites." I want to thank you. Sorry I can't remember your name. I have
the book now and it's just great for a beginner like me. The book
recommends keeping the carrot seed damp for several days. Is watering them
once per day adequate?

The book in not just for beginners. It is a lovely read for anyone. I
have the book, too.

Boron