Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default locating underground stream

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes

One well digger I knew
was a dowser, too and made his living from finding water for people

and
digging for it. To him and to his customers, it was perfectly
straightforward. I'm quite genuine when I say that I can't see what

the
fuss is about.

There's one that works in Wendover - in the drought he dowsed several
gardens for people so they could put bore holes in for water to

irrigate
their gardens.

I've actually employed dowsers three times, and found them all
successful in finding water. But against that is the claim that if you
drill down on 90% of this country's surface area you'll strike water
anyway. But against that is the dowsers' observation that if you go and
look at a quarry wall or cliff face, you'll only see water seeping out
in a few places. So I remain agnostic.

Apocryphal quotation from Yellow Pages: "Boring: see Civil Engineers".

--
Mike.