Old 05-05-2007, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Choosing a mower?

"A.Lee" wrote in message
I'm after a new mower. £500-600 price range.
The choice is down to 3 or 4.
Rotary, 17 or 18", with drive and rear roller.
Honda seem to be the best seller, and used by contractors and gardeners
everywhere.
Hayter have a very similar model, at roughly the same price, and it
looks far better in its classy green all over paint.
Deere and Atco also do similar models at similar prices.

I have never owned a Honda so can't comment on them. I have however owned my
current Hayter 56 from new some 13 years ago and despite a lot of use and
abuse over the years it still works and well and starts first pull (it is
electric start but the battery died about 5 years ago and I never bothered
replacing it). I do agree about the classy green colour scheme, it just
looks much better in the garden that the garish red or yellow machines.

Mike