Old 05-05-2007, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
topo topo is offline

Default mowers from homebase

On Fri, 4 May 2007 17:51:35 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

My son just bought one 20% off, not surprised he couldn't get it to run,
when I had a look no throttle cable or choke, and the bit on the engine bent
so as to prevent movement, "take it back" I said so he did, got his money
back but discovered they were all like it and Homebase swore blind it was
deliberate!!

I bought a Qualcast Trojan Self propelled 18 ins blade mower from
Homebase when I started my gardening business six years ago paid
circa £200 quid for it ...... proved 2 be one of the best purchases
I've ever made . It's still going strong after continuous use and
coping with all sorts of jobs etc. All I do is change the oil + plug
at the start of season + blade now & again. Starts first time every
season . No problem with deck rusting ... good idea to spray underside
with waxoil when new & then now and again.#
Build quality V Good ( made in Italy like most ) B&S engine which IMO
are the best ...... don't think you can get this model anymore but
must be similar about.