Old 05-05-2007, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bookworm Bookworm is offline

Default Rose Tree Replanted Query

On 4 May, 13:04, "Jewels" wrote:
Hello,

I have had to replant a mature standard rose tree and it isn't looking too
healthy. Is there any tips for helping it settle into it's new
surroundings? I'm a bit of a novice so not sure whether to give it loads of
water [don't want to drown it but all the new buds are all drooping, it
looks quite sad].

TIA

Jx

Has there been a previous rose in the place you have transplanted it
into? If so you will have to dig out a hole about 2ft wide and 2ft
deep and fill with soil from somewhere else. Also they say that
Mycorrizial fungi, (look for it on the web) is said to promote good
growth. I bought some and am giving it a trial