Old 05-05-2007, 03:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bindi Bindi is offline

Default White spots and flashing. Help please.

Hi!
I found out it is carp pox.(Ugly stuff!) Because of the lower water temps
now.
Whew! No real big worry but I will add a little more salt and bring the
salinity up to 0.2% for a few days.

Cheers
Bindi.

"Bindi" wrote in message
.com...
Hi, all!
I have noticed in the last couple of days that some of my fish have small
white areas on their fins and some have some on their bodies. A couple

were
flashing at times.
My ph is 7.2 ( It is usually 7.6 - 7.8 but we've had a heap of rain this
week)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

I did a part water change. 200ltrs, drained the filter sump and then I

added
salt
to the pond and bought the salinity up to 1%.
It is a 2000 litre pond ( including filters) so I added 2 kilos of kiln
dried salt, disolved and mixed
in pond water.

Is this enough salt or should I go to 2%? I have a vegi filter and lily's

in
the system.

I have PP crystals but I have never used it before apart from cleaning

stuff
and I don't want to
compromise the plants, good algae and bugs in my filter and pond system

now
the weather is getting cooler.

Any other suggestions that might help, please?

Cheers
Bindi.