Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Peter Muehlbauer and Antarctica

In article , kT
wrote:

Peter Muehlbauer wrote:

with the help of some great scientists I'm in contact I found them.\

From the guy who thought the Antarctic was a floating ice raft :

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...6af3645?hl=en&

Quoting Peter Muehlbauer :

Antarctica IS SEA ICE, nothing else.
There is no landmass below antarctica... idiot!

Wow, what a great ride. Sturm und drang with a Keystone Cops ending. I
love it. And thanks kT for the strategic placing of that banana peel.
But seriously guys, just a couple of questions.

Why would UV light manifest itself in honeybees as a form of AIDS? (The
bees have multiple infections.) Why would normal predators stay away
from their hive when it is defenseless? Then there is the testimony of
healthy bees in Europe. Wouldn't you expect UV be a world wide, or at
least a hemispheric phenomenon? The UV argument doesn't seem to be
internally consistent.

Then there is the problem of science. Science will always be an "art
form" because somebody has to interpret the generated data. There is
always the chance, and I emphasize the word "chance", that science could
be wrong and divine revelation might be right. Should we continue on,
doing what we have been doing and take the risk of mass extinction or,
do we change our behavior and, take the risk of looking silly in the
future, when it turns out there was no problem? Hmmmm?

One way we are dead. The other way we look silly. Which gamble do you
want to take?

- Bill