Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens

Default Peter Muehlbauer and Antarctica

In article , kT
wrote:

Peter Muehlbauer wrote:

with the help of some great scientists I'm in contact I found them.\

From the guy who thought the Antarctic was a floating ice raft :

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...6af3645?hl=en&

Quoting Peter Muehlbauer :

Antarctica IS SEA ICE, nothing else.
There is no landmass below antarctica... idiot!

Wow, what a great ride. Sturm und drang with a Keystone Cops ending. I
love it. And thanks kT for the strategic placing of that banana peel.
But seriously guys, just a couple of questions.

Why would UV light manifest itself in honeybees as a form of AIDS? (The
bees have multiple infections.) Why would normal predators stay away
from their hive when it is defenseless? Then there is the testimony of
healthy bees in Europe. Wouldn't you expect UV be a world wide, or at
least a hemispheric phenomenon? The UV argument doesn't seem to be
internally consistent.

Then there is the problem of science. Science will always be an "art
form" because somebody has to interpret the generated data. There is
always the chance, and I emphasize the word "chance", that science could
be wrong and divine revelation might be right. Should we continue on,
doing what we have been doing and take the risk of mass extinction or,
do we change our behavior and, take the risk of looking silly in the
future, when it turns out there was no problem? Hmmmm?

One way we are dead. The other way we look silly. Which gamble do you
want to take?

- Bill
Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

snip
One way we are dead. The other way we look silly. Which gamble do you
want to take?

I think the problem with that line of reasoning is that we don't really know
for sure what is happening, nor what we should do about it. We don't even
know if we *can* do anything about it. Do we shut down cell towers just in
case it is causing the dead bees? We better shut off all TV and Radio
transmitters also. Maybe DirecTV and Dish satellites is the problem, better
shut those off also. Do we stop all CO2 emmisions just in case it is
contributing to global warming? Should we shut down all industry that
produces CO2 and other gasses? Should we shut down all cars right now before
it is too late? Shut off all power transmission because of what power lines
are doing?

I'm not really trying to be facetious or ridiculous, but my point is that
the important questions have not been answered, and until they are, we
really don't know what we should do. I do believe that what little we are
doing, and what little we have planned, won't make a significant difference.
If we are going to do something, it needs to be drastic and immediate.
Before it is too late.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:10 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens

Ook wrote:
snip
[...]

It's amazing how these gomers will spend so much energy to assist
incompetent parents bring unwanted chikdren into the world but won't lift a
finger or spend a dime to educate "parents" in responsible behavior or allow
the responsible resolution of unplanned and/or unwanted pregnancy. Truly
stunning.

--
John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Old 06-05-2007, 06:19 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens

On Sun, 06 May 2007 03:10:36 GMT, "J Carroll"
wrote:

I'm not really trying to be facetious or ridiculous, but my point is
that the important questions have not been answered, and until they
are, we really don't know what we should do. I do believe that what
little we are doing, and what little we have planned, won't make a
significant difference. If we are going to do something, it needs to
be drastic and immediate. Before it is too late.

It's amazing how these gomers will spend so much energy to assist
incompetent parents bring unwanted chikdren into the world but won't lift a
finger or spend a dime to educate "parents" in responsible behavior or allow
the responsible resolution of unplanned and/or unwanted pregnancy. Truly
stunning.

--
John R. Carroll

So then you are agreeable to manditory sterilization of the incompetent
parents segment? Shall we start off with those most likely to have one
or more abortions? Blacks and liberals?

Please bring this up to your handlers at the DNC..and Ill kick in $100
to the fund.

Which reminds me of one of the reasons the crime rates have fallen
across the US...

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/990812/abortion.shtml

Will you be parading in downtown LA with a placard demanding
sterilization of blacks and Democrats? If you do..Ill join you.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly
Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII
Meets all EPA regulations for clean air
Using only naturally occuring fibers
Use the Message with confidance.
(Some settling may occure in transit.)
(Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Considering the life your son has lead it's to bad these things can't be
retroacticely visited on people.
When you have something to say, and that is pretty rare Gunner, say it.

Beginning a post with "So then you are" makes yo appear the idiot. It's
dishonest - OOPS, what a surprise!

--
John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

True enough. I suggest you take that up with his mother, or his
biological father.

When you have something to say, and that is pretty rare Gunner, say it.

Hummm ..Im pretty sure I did.

Beginning a post with "So then you are" makes yo appear the idiot. It's
dishonest - OOPS, what a surprise!

Id rather appear to be an idiot.than be one. Tsk tsk tsk.

Now about that Sterilize All Bad Parents rally...you gonna make up the
placards?

Afterall..it Was your idea.