Old 05-05-2007, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default mowers from homebase

'Mike' wrote:

"A.Lee" wrote in message

Thanks for the advice. I'm sick of my job currently, and a mate does a
bit of gardening, all he does is dig and plant, no mowing etc, and he
reckons there is so much work around that he turns down 20 hours a week.

Your friend is turning away 20 hours a week. But it is the busy season in
the garden. My wife has just come in and said 'I could do with an army of
gardeners to help me' What would you do in the winter?

Well, yes, that is another worry, though my mate seems to think digging
and leaf clearance keeps him going in Nov. and Dec., and Jan and Feb are
trimming bushes and digging for the next crop, or getting beds ready.
I'm not so sure.

As a matter of interest, what part of Leicester? We were Humberstone. Did a
nice property development there :-)

Blaby now, used to be S.Wigston. Humberstone has changed a lot, there is
now a new development at the end of what used to be
Thurmaston/Humberstone Lane, it's called 'Hamilton', new build egg box
houses, taking over a massive area from Humberstone to near Scraptoft,
along with the obligatory massive Tesco, and going down the hill toward
Rushey Meads is all industrial estates now, leaving around a mile of
green space to Barkby, which is also under attack from the extension of
Syston and Thurmaston.
Alan.