Old 28-03-2003, 10:44 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default fire ants in veggie garden

Yes - didn't we just have this conversation?

:)

That website's stuff (and his books - I have Organic Manual by Howard
Garrett) are as non-toxic as recipes go that I've seen. He doesn't, for
instance, give instructions on Sulphur for use.

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com
"animaux" wrote in message
This is a misunderstanding. Orange oil (d-limonine is the active

ingredient) is
indeed toxic. It's not synthetic, but it's a poison.

I only say this because by calling something "organic," or "natural," does

not mean
it is non-toxic. Some of the most toxic pesticides are found in nature.

Orange oil is naturally derived, if pure. If there are surfactant and

other
spreader/sticker or synergists involved, it is no longer natural.

Victoria

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:10:11 -0600, "John T. Jarred"

wrote:

www.dirtdoctor.com is Howard Garrett's website - organic landscape

architect
up Dallas way. He has a couple mixes for fire ants that all include

orange
oil and, like everything on his site, are non-toxic.