Old 06-05-2007, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Garden shed distance from house wall

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Jay Hendry" wrote in message
. 143.53...
Hi

We are looking at putting a garden shed in a gap between our outside

wall
and a boundary fence. Now we don't have much available space, 5ft

wide, so
would like to make best use of what we've got but how much clearance

do we
need to leave between the shed side and the house wall to avoid

problems of
damp?

Obviously we'll make sure that it's a pent roof falling away from the
house, and with guttering to protect the fence, but don't want to

cause
ourselves problems either in the house or shed.

Also would having a metal shed rather than wooden make any difference

the space we leave?

Thanks for any comments and input.

Cheers

Jay

The main consideration in my opinion is to have access to all parts of
the shed for maintenance purposes.

That is why a lean to on the house and use of the fence on the other side is
the ideal answer. The fence can be 'lined' with something. Only have a
front, back and top to provide and maintain.

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk