Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Sue[_2_] Sue[_2_] is offline

Default Update: Cotton Burr Compost *Does* Contain GM Material

On Sun, 06 May 2007 13:21:44 -0700, William Rose
wrote:

In article ,
Sue wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 23:14:53 -0700, William Rose
wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/to...nado.html?from
=wx
center_news

Jeez Charlie,
the local fish wrap (http://www.pressdemocrat.com/) didn't have anything
about anything in the "flyover". This is just so totally screwed. A mile
wide twister and nine dead and, we have drivel about an anachronistic
Queen and the sale of a replica of the Dukes of Hazards car in our A
section.

The tornado was splashed across, well, page 4 of the SF Chronicle.
Page 1 was taken up with Cinco de Mayo news, the Warriors and
something about gays and lesbians.
Sue

About nine companies own all the major newspapers in America. If you
expect anything more than the funnies you had better find a source of
information. I suggest any of the Pacifica stations e.g.
http://www.kpfa.org/
or watch Democracy Now http://www.democracynow.org/streampage.pl .

What else aren't they telling us?

Aren't we all Americans? I guess not. What a huge steaming pile of B.S.
this country has become.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly, but not this time)

Charlie, Greenburg finally made the Sunday paper. What a horrible mess.
I presume the reconstruction money and, the National Guard are in Iraq
protecting us from terrorists. The article said that the tornado (wedge,
what ever it was) touched down at night. Do you know what time? It may
have been too late for the saturday edition of our fish wrap to carry.
Man, how long has this been going on? I thought tornadoes were those
cute little funnel clouds that carried you off to OZ but, a mile wide?
Jeez. Any idea what the wind velocity was was?

Sue, was the reporting in the S.F. Comical on saturday or sunday?

Sunday. I don't think it was in Saturday's out of town edition (which
is what I get) as the event may have taken place too late.
My, but we've zoomed waaaay off topic.
Sue

Dang,
I forgot to get me some Dos XX for Cinco de Mayo. The guys at work made
me an honorary Mexican. I'm surprised that the Comical even mentioned
gays and lesbians, they're just so over done here in California. No news
value there.

Charlie, what would be a good newspaper to check in the Greenburg area,
or Kiowa County?

"An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable
invented to make them laugh."
Will Rogers

- Bill