Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Update: Cotton Burr Compost *Does* Contain GM Material

In article ,
Sue wrote:

Sue, was the reporting in the S.F. Comical on saturday or sunday?

Sunday. I don't think it was in Saturday's out of town edition (which
is what I get) as the event may have taken place too late.
My, but we've zoomed waaaay off topic.
Sue

Right as usual. Spent part of the afternoon turning and, blending in
some aged manure, in another part of the garden where I am planting
Degli Ortolani and, lemon cukes. Spading by hand. If it don't kill me,
it will make me stronger. Soil is looking pretty good except for the
spare rocks. I also got nine Dent corn, six asparagus pole beans, a
Sugar Baby (early ripening) watermelon and a Minnesota Midget Muskmelon
planted today, all germinated from seed. They join about twenty lettuce
plants, twelve bush beans, two dozen snow peas and, two German Striped
tomatoes. Another corn patch awaits me tomorrow where earlier ripening
varieties of corn will be planted with another Sugar Baby watermelon.
This is about a third of the garden. I still have a trellises to move
out of a shady part of the property and into the sun for a climbing zuke
(zuchetta sp?) and some birdhouse gourds. Repairing the drip irrigation
as I go.

The sun is out here. It is 4:30 PM, 89 F and the butterflies are
skipping around and, the birds are singing. Again I've see one bee
today. I'd call him/her a bumble bee because it was so puffy and fuzzy
with the classical yellow and black stripes. I'm a very lucky person,
when you consider all the misery out there in the Mid-West and the
Mid-East. Hopefully, they'll get their share soon.

How am I doing Sue?

- Bill