Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Dumb Feeding Query?

"louisxiv" wrote in message
Hi

This may be a dumb question but i've just, for the first time in my

life
planted some vegetables in my garden. I raked in some multi-purpose

plant
food before planting the seeds but am wondering what I should use,

other
than water as an ongoing food during the next few months?

Cheers

xiv

Many congratulations on your first steps in gardening.

Yours is a very generalistic question and is difficult to answer unless
you say what you planted and how. For instance, have you followed
traditional methods of digging over the soil, breaking it into a fine
tilth and then planting in drills in rows with space in between
according the type of vegetable involved.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.