Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] t4duzan@hotmail.com is offline

Default Electric fuel pump turn off switch

On May 6, 3:07 pm, beecrofter wrote:
On May 6, 12:58 am, wrote:

i've got a Snapper 14.5 HP with a 38" cut. it's got the B & S motor
with theelectricfuelpump. i have to turn a small knob in thefuel
line to cut off gas to thefuelpumpor it will fill up the oil
reservoir with gas after the motor is turned off. my question is: is
it possible to hook up something so when i turn the engine off the gas
will also stop flow? maybe something in the ignition to tell thefuel
pumpto halt thefuelfrom going any further? this is something that
bit me in the butt today. i forgot to turn the knob the last time
(about a week ago) i mowed and today had to drain the oil because it
was full of gas.

please let me hear your brainstorming on what possibilities i might
have.

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Tim

solenoid valve infuelline open when energized- Hide quoted text -

please elaborate.