Old 06-05-2007, 05:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Electric fuel pump turn off switch

i've got a Snapper 14.5 HP with a 38" cut. it's got the B & S motor
with the electric fuel pump. i have to turn a small knob in the fuel
line to cut off gas to the fuel pump or it will fill up the oil
reservoir with gas after the motor is turned off. my question is: is
it possible to hook up something so when i turn the engine off the gas
will also stop flow? maybe something in the ignition to tell the fuel
pump to halt the fuel from going any further? this is something that
bit me in the butt today. i forgot to turn the knob the last time
(about a week ago) i mowed and today had to drain the oil because it
was full of gas.

please let me hear your brainstorming on what possibilities i might
have.

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Tim

Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 6, 12:58 am, wrote:
i've got a Snapper 14.5 HP with a 38" cut. it's got the B & S motor
with the electric fuel pump. i have to turn a small knob in the fuel
line to cut off gas to the fuel pump or it will fill up the oil
reservoir with gas after the motor is turned off. my question is: is
it possible to hook up something so when i turn the engine off the gas
will also stop flow? maybe something in the ignition to tell the fuel
pump to halt the fuel from going any further? this is something that
bit me in the butt today. i forgot to turn the knob the last time
(about a week ago) i mowed and today had to drain the oil because it
was full of gas.

please let me hear your brainstorming on what possibilities i might
have.

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Tim

solenoid valve in fuel line open when energized

Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 6, 3:07 pm, beecrofter wrote:
On May 6, 12:58 am, wrote:

i've got a Snapper 14.5 HP with a 38" cut. it's got the B & S motor
with theelectricfuelpump. i have to turn a small knob in thefuel
line to cut off gas to thefuelpumpor it will fill up the oil
reservoir with gas after the motor is turned off. my question is: is
it possible to hook up something so when i turn the engine off the gas
will also stop flow? maybe something in the ignition to tell thefuel
pumpto halt thefuelfrom going any further? this is something that
bit me in the butt today. i forgot to turn the knob the last time
(about a week ago) i mowed and today had to drain the oil because it
was full of gas.

please let me hear your brainstorming on what possibilities i might
have.

thanks for any and all suggestions.

Tim

solenoid valve infuelline open when energized- Hide quoted text -

please elaborate.

Old 27-05-2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

oups.com...
On May 6, 12:58 am, wrote:

[...]

It sounds like a carb float problem to me.

Bob

[IMG] code is On

Pond Pump Run Dry Protection Switch? Malcolm Davis Garden Photos 3 11-04-2011 10:16 AM
Timer to turn pond pump on at dawn and off at dusk? Michael Shaffer Ponds 11 03-05-2005 05:16 AM
Sell fuel injection nozzle,plunger pump,delivery valve hungter Marketplace 0 17-10-2004 04:32 PM
cut off switch honda mower Bruce Lawns 3 04-10-2003 02:36 AM
Did someone pull a pump switch? pixi Ponds 2 07-09-2003 12:08 AM