Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Can anyone recommend someone to remove ivy from my back wall

I don't want to do it myself... I know this may sound shocking on a
gardening newsgroup but I'm not a garden person, I like sitting out there
with my coffee and looking at the flowers but don't like the work.

Can anyone recommend someone in East London who knows what they're doing,
to remove ivy from the back of our house? It's beginning to take over, and
now that today it's raining for the first time in months, it's going to
grow even more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25124954@N00/488155387/

It's full of nasty webs and it's beginning to push in through the windows
and under the rooftiles. And I don't know what I'm doing, so yanking at it
would not be a good idea.

I realise I should have cut it back a few months ago but it's too late for
that now.

Any recommendations of cheap ivy removal people in East London would be
appreciated...