Old 07-05-2007, 06:24 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens,soc.culture.china
James James is offline

Default Anyone here gather bamboo shoots?

It's common for running bamboo to overtake people's yards around
here. Fairly easy to get free bamboo shoots by offering to harvest
them.

I'll have to find another source since both my regular sources cleared
their patch an applied chemical control.

After boiling, the shoots reminds me of artichoke hearts. I dip them
in dressing and eat em..

Too bad you have to get them when they are only a few inches. Wait a
couple days and they're few feet tall.

Ahhh! Free poke and bamboo shoot are some benefits of spring.