Old 08-05-2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jellybean stonerfish jellybean stonerfish is offline

Default Any advice for growing watermelons?

On Sat, 05 May 2007 13:39:52 -0500, Manelli Family wrote:

"Zimmy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm new to gardening, and after a fairly successful first attempt, im
expanding and experimenting this year. I have an area i have set
aside to try my hand at growing watermelons this year. Does anyone
have any advice? Common mistakes to watch out for? Any halp is
greatly appreciated.

Thinks LOTS.
Lots of compost or rotted manure. Recommended amount of veggie fertilizer
and lots and lots of sun and lots and lots of water. ;-)

And lots of space!

sf