Old 08-05-2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default The state of the pond.

I uncovered the pond yesterday, about two weeks ahead of last year.
Unfortunately we lost three fish this year, including our 5 year old
matriarch. We also lost one medium sized fish and another smaller fish. They
all seemed to be dead less than a month, with the older fish being the most
decayed. I have no idea what caused it, perhaps lack of oxygen, but the
varying sizes has me puzzled.

There are 20+ survivors, all very happy to see the sun again after 6 months.