Old 08-05-2007, 05:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Greenhouses

I keep nothing but orchids in my GH. A long time ago I tried putting
staghorn ferns in with the orchids and a friend nearly hit the roof. Saying
staghorn ferns were nothing but scale houses and it'd infect my whole
collection.. Of course I didn't believe her. Of course it infested my whole
collection with scale. Of course there are the usual pests, like oxalis
and tilisandia (well, that's not a pest) but I still keep nothing but
orchids in the GH.

YMMV,

K Barrett

"Manelli Family" wrote in message
How many of you own greenhouses? What else do you keep in them besides
your orchids?