Old 08-05-2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default The state of the pond.

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I uncovered the pond yesterday, about two weeks ahead of last year.
Unfortunately we lost three fish this year, including our 5 year old
matriarch. We also lost one medium sized fish and another smaller fish.
They all seemed to be dead less than a month, with the older fish being the
most decayed. I have no idea what caused it, perhaps lack of oxygen, but
the varying sizes has me puzzled.

There are 20+ survivors, all very happy to see the sun again after 6
months.

They've been covered for 6 months? That's a long time for them to go
without food. I hope there was some kind of filter or aeration running
during those months.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.