Old 08-05-2007, 10:52 AM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default "fence mulch", mow strip, underlayment, whatchacallit

z said:

A couple of years back, I bought some "fence mulch" as they called it,
from Gardeners Supply, about a foot wide, sits under chainlink fences
and keeps grass and weeds from growing where you can't mow.

Anyway, I did half my fence and now they don't stock it any more and
don't know where it can be found. A LOT of web searching (and froogle
and groups) doesn't help; I get links to the old Gardeners Supply
page, and a lot of patents but nobody selling it.

Anybody know where I can still get this stuff?

Have you already tried calling/contacting Gardeners Supply to ask if they
dropped the product because the *manufacturerI discontinued it and, if
the answer is 'no' perhaps they can supply contact information for the
manufacturer. (It would help if you could glean any part numbers or
catalog labels from those old web pages.)

Sadly, if the manufacturer stopped making it you are almost certainly
out of luck. I've been in that situation before.

(attributed to Don Marti)