Old 29-03-2003, 12:08 AM
LeighMo

Default Echinodorus leafs with holes

First i know for sure these echinodorus and the anubia was grown
emersed, never the less people might get a shock this way. By the way, will
all the leafs die, and when will the new one be fully grown? I read also
that the new ones would be shorter than the leafs the plant has now.

IME, the old leaves die off gradually. New leaves should be coming in to
replace them at the same time, so the plant is never leafless. It's common for
submersed growth leaves to look different from the emersed growth. With
Amazons, the "stem" part of the leaf is often much shorter on the submersed
growth.

I have a 130 gallons (500 liters) tank, with PH=6,8 , GH=10 and KH=8
I have low light level, i have two florescent bulbs of 58W each and since it
his such a low light level e put some aluminium in the cover so it would
reflect a little more light to the tank. I am thinking of installing 2 more.

That's actually a decent amount of light, for that size tank. A lot of people
find one watt per gallon is enough, for tanks over 100 gallons.

I have a 5 liters CO2 - DIY, wich i donīt know if it is enough for such a
large tank

It is if your water parameters are correct. Ph=6.8, KH=8 means CO2 is 38 ppm
-- a little on the high side.

You say something is eating your Micranthemum. Is it possible that it's eating
your other plants as well? Even though anubias grows emersed, I've never had
emersed growth die-off with them. They grow so slowly they don't even notice
they're underwater. They even produce flowers underwater.

I'm afraid I can't help you with emersed growth plants. You might find some
info if you search on "paludarium."

Leigh